Monday, April 21, 2008

No Empire Tonight


I've been a busy little monkey the last couple weeks. Not only have I finished up writing Reign of Discordia (and been pimping it like a madman anywhere that will listen to me about it), but I also just finished writing the final installment of ENPublishing's War of the Burning Sky, a little adventure called The Beating of the Aquiline Heart. I was planning to reward myself by watching Star Wars (No, please do not ask me to refer to it as A New Hope. And Han shot first damnit!) and Empire Strikes Back tonight.

So I sat down and made it through Star Wars, but the whole time I was sitting there I was thinking about how I wasn't entirely thrilled with our first Reign of Discordia adventure the other night. It was really just a great deal of improvisation following the basic story I was planning to make into the first published adventure for the setting, but at the end I felt that the heroes weren't really challenged enough. Then inspiration struck in a big way on how I could restructure the whole scenario to make it much more action packed..... More like what I would be likely to find in one of those late '70s/early '80s era space operas, which are helping inform the direction of this product. So rather than watching Empire, I instead sat down and hammered out over a thousand words worth of adventure proposal and shot it off to Dave at RDP. I suspect that he'll like it and I'll be able to get to work writing it just as soon as I make a few minor changes to The Beating of the Aquiline Heart (What do you mean the beholder isn't in the SRD!!!!? Oops, I seem to have forgotten about that.)

2 comments:

Walt said...

Sounds like Empire will have to wait. Looking forward to seeing Reign of Discordia.

Best regards,
Walt

Thurston Hillman said...

Now that I've seen the cover, I am quite interested in the last adventure for the Burning Sky. Kind of interested in how a Beholder would have fit in as well...